Updated Apr 9, 2013 - 11:57 am
Former Suns teammates give Robin Lopez a retro black jersey
He averaged 5.8 points per game and pulled down 3.3 rebounds per contest and played in a Western Conference Finals series.
However, the one thing he didn't do -- and he missed out on the chance to do so this season -- was wear the retro, mid-90s black jersey.
Now, while some Suns fans are happy about that, Lopez, who is averaging 11.1 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per game for the Hornets this season, was likely a bit disappointed. After all, the jerseys are great.
Anyway, Lopez and the Hornets were in town over the weekend for a game against the Suns (which New Orleans won 95-92), and as posted on his Instagram account, Lopez's former teammates hooked him up with a jersey.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.