Updated Apr 9, 2013 - 11:57 am
Former Suns teammates give Robin Lopez a retro black jersey
He averaged 5.8 points per game and pulled down 3.3 rebounds per contest and played in a Western Conference Finals series.
However, the one thing he didn't do -- and he missed out on the chance to do so this season -- was wear the retro, mid-90s black jersey.
Now, while some Suns fans are happy about that, Lopez, who is averaging 11.1 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per game for the Hornets this season, was likely a bit disappointed. After all, the jerseys are great.
Anyway, Lopez and the Hornets were in town over the weekend for a game against the Suns (which New Orleans won 95-92), and as posted on his Instagram account, Lopez's former teammates hooked him up with a jersey.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Though surprised by Suns' success, Sarver didn't see tanking as a good option
- Phoenix Suns owner: The only question is how much we'll be paying Eric Bledsoe
- Tweaks -- not major changes -- ahead for the Phoenix Suns
- GM: Eric Bledsoe will be a Phoenix Suns player 'for a long time'
- Pau Gasol to the Phoenix Suns makes a lot of sense
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org