Updated Apr 5, 2013 - 10:51 pm
Suns Strokes: Phoenix loses 'mind-boggling' game against Warriors
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 111-107 loss to the Warriors on April 5.
Goran Dragic and Michael Beasley combined to score 57 of the team's 107 points. Dragic scored 21 of his career-high tying 32 points in the first half. It was his second 30-point effort of the season and the third of his career.
Beasley scored 19 of his 25 points in the first half. It was his 12th 20-point effort of the season, the first since March 16 at Washington.
The Suns lost a season-high eighth straight game.
The Suns lost a season-high sixth straight home game.
The Suns lost for a sixth straight time to the Golden State Warriors, who swept the season series for only the second time in franchise history.
All of the above happened because the Suns fell asleep in the third quarter, getting outscored 32-14, including 25-4 during one stretch. The Suns committed 10 of their 22 turnovers in the quarter.
He Said It:
"I just stopped listening to people," Beasley explained for his recent play of a season-high tying four straight games scoring in double figures. "I'm doing what I know how to do."
What people have you stopped listening to?
"Everybody," he answered. "From my friends, from family to teammates to coaches, just everybody. I'm the one playing. I'm the one controlling my fate."
• The Suns became the first team to shoot at least 61 percent in a loss since 2005, and the first in franchise history since 1986. Interim head coach Lindsey Hunter called it "mind boggling" to shoot that well and lose.
The Suns, a half-game better than Cleveland (which defeated Boston) for the third-worst record in the league, play their second-to-last home game, hosting the New Orleans Hornets on Sunday, April 7.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- After grueling stretch, Phoenix Suns hope to make up ground in March
- Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker suspended by the NBA
- What do you want to be, Eric Bledsoe?
- Coach Jeff Hornacek: Suns 'need to get out of their comfort zone' after recent losses
- Griffin, Clippers top Suns in testy divisional affair: By the Numbers
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Tuesday March 11Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the return of Eric Bledsoe.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t