Updated Mar 29, 2013 - 5:54 pm
Suns' play-by-play announcer Al McCoy: Kendall Marshall played best basketball in last two games
"Although I'm certainly not involved in closed door meetings, the front office and the coaches certainly want to see Kendall Marshall, to see what he can do when he starts the game and plays 30-plus minutes," McCoy told Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf Friday. "I can't say anything surprises me this season that happens with the Suns."
Without Dragic the past two games, the Suns unsurprisingly dropped both contests by double-digits. But despite the team's results in the back-to-back situation, Marshall filled in admirably as a starter.
Against the Jazz Wednesday night, the former No. 13 overall pick had 13 assists and held Utah guard Mo Williams to eight points on 3-of-9 shooting. In Thursday night's 14-point loss to the Kings, Marshall wasn't highly effective at the defensive end against Isaiah Thomas (23 points and eight assists), but he became the first Suns rookie since Negele Knight (1991) to have back-to-back 10-assist performances.
"I thought he played better than many of us anticipated," said McCoy. "His better game was probably in Utah...He took a couple nice drives to the basket that were impressive and played under control.
"I think he probably played his best basketball in those two games. It's probably because he got 30-plus minutes of time on the floor."
In his first NBA season, Marshall has averaged 2.9 points, 2.6 rebounds and 14.0 minutes per game.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.