Suns Strokes: Suns suffer fifth straight loss at the hands of the Kings
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 117-103 loss to Kings on March 28.
Wesley Johnson has three straight games in which he has scored in double figures, one shy of his career record of four, a mark he set back in 2011.
Luis Scola recorded his second straight 20-plus point effort, which was his 10th of the season. He is tied with Michael Beasley for second place among the Suns in terms of 20-point games (Goran Dragic leads the team with 12).
The Suns are now just 2-10 in the time since starting center Marcin Gortat went down with a Lisfranc sprain in his right foot.
This was a basketball game between two bad teams, so naturally it could be expected to be a bad game. However, this game was just plain ugly from start to finish. Play was sloppy throughout and it was clear that DeMarcus Cousins was the best player on the floor, and I don't remember the last time anyone has been able to say that. Granted, the Suns were without Dragic and Gortat, but this looked more like a pick-up game at the local YMCA than an NBA basketball game.
There was a span in the game, starting with 3:48 left in the first quarter and ending early in the second, in which Cousins had 17 straight points for the Kings.
He Said It:
"[Marshall] just went on the fritz for a minute," said interim head coach Lindsey Hunter when asked about the Kings' 14-0 run in the first quarter. "I think he looked just like a rookie in that stretch of the game."
• The Suns are now just 10-22 under Hunter since he took over on January 20th.
• The Suns dropped their first home game to the Kings since February 13th, 2011.
The Suns (23-49) welcome the Indiana Pacers (46-27) into US Airways Center on Saturday, March 30 at 7 p.m.
Charlie Feinerman, Contributor - ArizonaSports.com
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.