Updated Mar 28, 2013 - 8:18 am
For Lindsey Hunter, the 'interim' is gone
Goran Dragic was held out of the Utah game Wednesday because he's run many more miles this year than any other Sun according to Lon Babby. There are eight NBA point guards who have played in more games than Dragic, yet plan on starting their team's next game. If he's so tired from running all those miles, then he should learn to be as efficient as the other eight point guards who have played more games and don't need the rest.
Ten NBA point guards have averaged more minutes per game than Goran Dragic. It is clear then, using the "miles per game" logic, that Dragic must hustle much more than the 10 point guards since he's tired from all the mileage yet the others play more minutes.
I have a different theory. The Suns play in a league with no morals. Ever wonder why the NFL and Major League Baseball have no draft lottery? It's because every team, player and coach is judged by wins and losses. Since the men in those sports have their pride on the line, they would never put themselves in a position to lose -- or, at the very least, put themselves in a handicapped situation to win. In the NBA, honor is something to be mocked so teams lose on purpose. Therefore, the league needs a way to make sure losing on purpose doesn't guarantee you massive benefits, thus the lottery.
Either the Suns have joined other teams in fixing games to ensure a better draft position or Goran Dragic is not a player that can be counted on during the stretch run to a playoff due to fatigue. It's important for us to know that Dragic will need his rest around game 70 of every year so we can plan ahead in future years.
If Dragic is indeed healthy, the Suns tried not to win the game against Utah. Handcuffing your coach and then evaluating him at the end of the season is totally unfair. Every coach in America would be screaming off-the-record or letting slip on-the-record that he's being judged despite not playing with a full deck.
The only way you send Hunter out on the court without all of his soldiers, is if you're planning to send him out again next year.
Doug Franz, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.