Updated Mar 27, 2013 - 7:44 am
Jared Dudley: Culture change is tied to effort level
'Culture' is one. Suns brass and interim head coach Lindsey Hunter have often talked of changing the culture of the Suns organization -- one that was two games away from a trip to the NBA Finals just three years ago.
'Effort' is another. Hunter admonished and benched a quartet of young players for what he perceived as a lack of effort in a game against the Washington Wizards last week.
Suns' veteran Jared Dudley, the longest-tenured member of the team, thinks a so-called culture change is tied directly to effort.
"You hear the word 'effort' a lot, and basically they're trying to say (lack of effort) won't be tolerated, we're going to play through consistently," Dudley told Doug and Wolf Tuesday on Arizona Sports 620. "To me, I don't know if that's going to be a culture change. I thought it's more about NBA-style. Any NBA team you play for, you should always play hard, you should always play together, you should always play smart.
"The teams that do that have good culture. I think we're trying to get it that way and that's what I think this whole culture change means. You'll see that -- a lot of that will come with personnel change."
Unfortunately for Phoenix, personnel change might be difficult moving forward. The team has a 23-48 record heading into Wednesday night's game at Utah and has ten players with guaranteed contracts on the books for the 2013-14 season.
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.