Suns' Marcin Gortat has cast removed, timetable for return unchanged
His return this season remains a long shot, but Marcin Gortat did receive some positive news Monday prior to the game against the Los Angeles Lakers: he can ditch the cast.
Gortat, after a visit with the doctor, walked -- still with the aid of crutches -- into the locker room, but minus the cast he had been wearing since he was diagnosed with a Lisfranc sprain of his right foot. The cast has been replaced with a walking boot.
The change in footwear, however, has done nothing to change the timetable for how long Gortat is to be sidelined.
He's a week into what the team originally said was a three-to-four week injury; and that's before he's cleared to resume any basketball activity.
Gortat hurt the foot in the first quarter against Toronto on March 6.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Jeff Hornacek: We got it back to Phoenix Suns basketball
- Suns' Jeff Hornacek finishes behind Spurs' Gregg Popovich in Coach of the Year voting
- Phoenix Suns' vocal, emotional leader P.J. Tucker wants to return
- Suns analyst: Team would benefit from veteran experience, clutch performer
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?