Suns' Marcin Gortat has cast removed, timetable for return unchanged
His return this season remains a long shot, but Marcin Gortat did receive some positive news Monday prior to the game against the Los Angeles Lakers: he can ditch the cast.
Gortat, after a visit with the doctor, walked -- still with the aid of crutches -- into the locker room, but minus the cast he had been wearing since he was diagnosed with a Lisfranc sprain of his right foot. The cast has been replaced with a walking boot.
The change in footwear, however, has done nothing to change the timetable for how long Gortat is to be sidelined.
He's a week into what the team originally said was a three-to-four week injury; and that's before he's cleared to resume any basketball activity.
Gortat hurt the foot in the first quarter against Toronto on March 6.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM
- Melinda Dudley, Jared Dudley's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. Dudley tells Doug & Wolf what it was like raising the Suns fan favorite
- Tom Chambers, Suns legend - Friday May 10Chambers tells Doug & Wolf who he'd like to see hired as the new head coach of the Suns
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Thursday May 9McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about what he's looking for in a new head coach