Updated Mar 15, 2013 - 12:27 pm
Lindsey Hunter talks about Suns' growing pains
His team's lack of effort, he told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Friday, was the most concerning aspect of the game.
But, Hunter said, it's all part of the growing process the Suns are going through. At 22-43 there is a ways to go, but Hunter said it's important his team keeps things in perspective, even after a loss such as the one in Houston.
"I talk to the guys about it all the time, and I say when you win you're never as good as your best win, and you're never as bad as your worst loss," he said. "But in saying that, you don't want to have any type of comfort losing that type of game.
"You don't want that to even feel good, no way shape or form, and I have to get them to understand that. And we will."
The loss was Phoenix's second straight and fourth in the last five games. This rough stretch comes on the heels of a three-game winning streak that saw the Suns beat elite teams in the San Antonio Spurs and Atlanta Hawks, and Hunter said part of the process his team needs to go through is knowing not to be satisfied with any kind of success.
"I think that has to happen with all players and all teams; they have to go through the process of maturing, go through the process of learning how to win and learning how to deal with success, learning how to bounce back from failures," he said. "That's all a part of it."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.