Updated Mar 15, 2013 - 12:27 pm
Lindsey Hunter talks about Suns' growing pains
His team's lack of effort, he told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo Friday, was the most concerning aspect of the game.
But, Hunter said, it's all part of the growing process the Suns are going through. At 22-43 there is a ways to go, but Hunter said it's important his team keeps things in perspective, even after a loss such as the one in Houston.
"I talk to the guys about it all the time, and I say when you win you're never as good as your best win, and you're never as bad as your worst loss," he said. "But in saying that, you don't want to have any type of comfort losing that type of game.
"You don't want that to even feel good, no way shape or form, and I have to get them to understand that. And we will."
The loss was Phoenix's second straight and fourth in the last five games. This rough stretch comes on the heels of a three-game winning streak that saw the Suns beat elite teams in the San Antonio Spurs and Atlanta Hawks, and Hunter said part of the process his team needs to go through is knowing not to be satisfied with any kind of success.
"I think that has to happen with all players and all teams; they have to go through the process of maturing, go through the process of learning how to win and learning how to deal with success, learning how to bounce back from failures," he said. "That's all a part of it."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.