Updated Mar 14, 2013 - 11:23 am
Out to lunch -- back in 48 minutes
111-81. 124-99. 117-77. 97-69. 127-96. 98-71. 111-81.
At first glance, those figures read like high/low temps for Phoenix in August.
We wish. Turns out, we did not consult the National Weather Service. Instead, those numbers come from Suns box scores. Yep. They happen to be final scores from this season, all XL lopsided losses by the Suns.
Hence, we pose a question: Why is it that when the Suns (rarely) win, they win. #Ding. But when the Suns lose - look out.
As in, look out below because the Suns scream "cannonball" and then smack the water from the roof of the garage, like an episode of Jackass.
The latest example had Johnny Knoxville and Planet Orange Cones in Houston. At least, the NBA schedule listed the Suns as allegedly taking on the Rockets. To date, we're still looking for tangible evidence that an actual game took place.
See, thing is, at the risk of getting all metaphysical here, did you really play a game if you didn't compete? #BuellerBueller
And we're not talking about expertise, where the Suns are challenged by a dearth of talent. We're citing effort, or the lack thereof. Did you even try? We know NBA salaries are guaranteed. And, based on this season, we now know something else: effort is not guaranteed. (By the way, forget maximum effort. We're realistic. We'd settle for respectable/acceptable effort.)
How else can you explain a game where you flipped on the TV to find the score was an eye-popping 100-64 midway thru the 4th quarter? In fact, we'd like to petition the NBA stat geeks to register a honkin' huge "DNP" across the Suns section of the final box score. #JackStomp
"Those that go along with the program will be here," Lindsey Hunter said on Wednesday night. "Those that won't...will eliminate themselves."
Nice to hear the coach deems it unacceptable. Thing is, it's happening on his watch. And, of course, Hunter has a business card that reads "interim" head coach.
Meaning, it's his team that's failing to consistently respond. (#HolyCannoliStat: 6 times under Lindsey Hunter, the Suns have committed 20 or more turnovers. Under Alvin Gentry, that happened twice this season.)
On Seinfeld, if memory serves, didn't Jackie Chiles offer up that "If you don't compete, thou shalt feel the heat," or something like that.
Therefore, who is eliminating whom exactly?
Paul Calvisi, Morning Sports Anchor - 92.3 KTAR/Arizona Sports 620
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.