Suns Strokes: Suns blown out by Rockets in Houston
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 111-81 loss to the Rockets on March 13.
Wesley Johnson had a team-high 15 points, but 10 of those came in the first quarter, which goes to show how the night went for the Suns. Johnson also added two rebounds and three assists.
To say the Suns' defensive struggles continued would be an understatement. Lindsey Hunter's squad appeared sloppy and lethargic in the second half, including a nightmarish third quarter that saw the Rockets outscore the Suns by a 32-17 margin.
Houston rookie Donatas Motiejunas had a career-high 19 points and dominated the Suns' front court. Six Rockets' players scored in double figures in the win.
Houston ended the first half on a 20-2 run, and never looked back.
• The Suns have now lost four of their last five games.
• Despite shooting 50 percent in the first half, the Suns still trailed the Rockets by 13 points.
• The Rockets outrebounded the Suns 46-29.
The Suns will head to Atlanta to take on the Hawks. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 4:30 p.m.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.