Suns Strokes: Suns blown out by Rockets in Houston
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 111-81 loss to the Rockets on March 13.
Wesley Johnson had a team-high 15 points, but 10 of those came in the first quarter, which goes to show how the night went for the Suns. Johnson also added two rebounds and three assists.
To say the Suns' defensive struggles continued would be an understatement. Lindsey Hunter's squad appeared sloppy and lethargic in the second half, including a nightmarish third quarter that saw the Rockets outscore the Suns by a 32-17 margin.
Houston rookie Donatas Motiejunas had a career-high 19 points and dominated the Suns' front court. Six Rockets' players scored in double figures in the win.
Houston ended the first half on a 20-2 run, and never looked back.
The Suns have now lost four of their last five games.
Despite shooting 50 percent in the first half, the Suns still trailed the Rockets by 13 points.
The Rockets outrebounded the Suns 46-29.
The Suns will head to Atlanta to take on the Hawks. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 4:30 p.m.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns GM McDonough not surprised by Phoenix's strong start
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes ESPN's list of top NBA players under 25
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Film study aiding defensive effort of Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.