Suns Strokes: Suns blown out by Rockets in Houston
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 111-81 loss to the Rockets on March 13.
Wesley Johnson had a team-high 15 points, but 10 of those came in the first quarter, which goes to show how the night went for the Suns. Johnson also added two rebounds and three assists.
To say the Suns' defensive struggles continued would be an understatement. Lindsey Hunter's squad appeared sloppy and lethargic in the second half, including a nightmarish third quarter that saw the Rockets outscore the Suns by a 32-17 margin.
Houston rookie Donatas Motiejunas had a career-high 19 points and dominated the Suns' front court. Six Rockets' players scored in double figures in the win.
Houston ended the first half on a 20-2 run, and never looked back.
• The Suns have now lost four of their last five games.
• Despite shooting 50 percent in the first half, the Suns still trailed the Rockets by 13 points.
• The Rockets outrebounded the Suns 46-29.
The Suns will head to Atlanta to take on the Hawks. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 4:30 p.m.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.