Suns Strokes: Suns blown out by Rockets in Houston
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 111-81 loss to the Rockets on March 13.
Wesley Johnson had a team-high 15 points, but 10 of those came in the first quarter, which goes to show how the night went for the Suns. Johnson also added two rebounds and three assists.
To say the Suns' defensive struggles continued would be an understatement. Lindsey Hunter's squad appeared sloppy and lethargic in the second half, including a nightmarish third quarter that saw the Rockets outscore the Suns by a 32-17 margin.
Houston rookie Donatas Motiejunas had a career-high 19 points and dominated the Suns' front court. Six Rockets' players scored in double figures in the win.
Houston ended the first half on a 20-2 run, and never looked back.
• The Suns have now lost four of their last five games.
• Despite shooting 50 percent in the first half, the Suns still trailed the Rockets by 13 points.
• The Rockets outrebounded the Suns 46-29.
The Suns will head to Atlanta to take on the Hawks. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 4:30 p.m.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset with success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?