Suns Strokes: Suns blown out by Rockets in Houston
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 111-81 loss to the Rockets on March 13.
Wesley Johnson had a team-high 15 points, but 10 of those came in the first quarter, which goes to show how the night went for the Suns. Johnson also added two rebounds and three assists.
To say the Suns' defensive struggles continued would be an understatement. Lindsey Hunter's squad appeared sloppy and lethargic in the second half, including a nightmarish third quarter that saw the Rockets outscore the Suns by a 32-17 margin.
Houston rookie Donatas Motiejunas had a career-high 19 points and dominated the Suns' front court. Six Rockets' players scored in double figures in the win.
Houston ended the first half on a 20-2 run, and never looked back.
• The Suns have now lost four of their last five games.
• Despite shooting 50 percent in the first half, the Suns still trailed the Rockets by 13 points.
• The Rockets outrebounded the Suns 46-29.
The Suns will head to Atlanta to take on the Hawks. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 4:30 p.m.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns general manager Ryan McDonough: 'We'd like to have' Channing Frye back next season
- Phoenix Suns GM: It would be a waste of time for another team to pursue Eric Bledsoe
- If you dislike Robert Sarver, don't read this!
- Robert Sarver reflects on his 10 years at the helm of the Phoenix Suns
- Gordon, Johnson declare for NBA draft
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.