Updated Mar 7, 2013 - 1:40 pm
Suns center Marcin Gortat likely out for season with Lisfranc sprain
The injury is expected to keep him out for at least 3-4 weeks.
"For me it looks like it's more like a season than three weeks because after three weeks there's going to be another week of treatment and before I get back conditioning-wise and get in shape and everything the season's going to be over," Gortat said after practice Thursday.
Gortat left the Suns' 98-71 loss to Toronto Wednesday late in the first quarter after he was stepped on by Raptors forward Amir Johnson.
"It hurts, it hurts," an emotional Gortat said. "All the work I put in...frustrating. Six years without injury."
Gortat had started each of the Suns' 61 games this season, and while he is thankful the injury isn't worse, he's not pleased with the idea of his season essentially being over.
"I'm definitely not going to work all this to get back just to come back for one or two games," he said. "I'd rather just rest the rest of the year."
Should this be the end of Gortat's season, the 29-year-old will have finished with averages of 11.1 points, 8.5 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per game.
Gortat added he will not play for the Polish national basketball team like he did last offseason, pointing to the extra work as a reason for the injury.
"Basically that's what screwed me over, that's what really screwed me over," he said, saying he's sure the added wear and tear led to this. "That was just stupid."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The Pulse: Suns fans feel offseason has been 'incomplete'
- Phoenix Suns' Miles Plumlee named to 2014 USA Men's Select Team
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.