Updated Mar 7, 2013 - 1:40 pm
Suns center Marcin Gortat likely out for season with Lisfranc sprain
The injury is expected to keep him out for at least 3-4 weeks.
"For me it looks like it's more like a season than three weeks because after three weeks there's going to be another week of treatment and before I get back conditioning-wise and get in shape and everything the season's going to be over," Gortat said after practice Thursday.
Gortat left the Suns' 98-71 loss to Toronto Wednesday late in the first quarter after he was stepped on by Raptors forward Amir Johnson.
"It hurts, it hurts," an emotional Gortat said. "All the work I put in...frustrating. Six years without injury."
Gortat had started each of the Suns' 61 games this season, and while he is thankful the injury isn't worse, he's not pleased with the idea of his season essentially being over.
"I'm definitely not going to work all this to get back just to come back for one or two games," he said. "I'd rather just rest the rest of the year."
Should this be the end of Gortat's season, the 29-year-old will have finished with averages of 11.1 points, 8.5 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per game.
Gortat added he will not play for the Polish national basketball team like he did last offseason, pointing to the extra work as a reason for the injury.
"Basically that's what screwed me over, that's what really screwed me over," he said, saying he's sure the added wear and tear led to this. "That was just stupid."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.