Updated Mar 7, 2013 - 1:40 pm
Suns center Marcin Gortat likely out for season with Lisfranc sprain
The injury is expected to keep him out for at least 3-4 weeks.
"For me it looks like it's more like a season than three weeks because after three weeks there's going to be another week of treatment and before I get back conditioning-wise and get in shape and everything the season's going to be over," Gortat said after practice Thursday.
Gortat left the Suns' 98-71 loss to Toronto Wednesday late in the first quarter after he was stepped on by Raptors forward Amir Johnson.
"It hurts, it hurts," an emotional Gortat said. "All the work I put in...frustrating. Six years without injury."
Gortat had started each of the Suns' 61 games this season, and while he is thankful the injury isn't worse, he's not pleased with the idea of his season essentially being over.
"I'm definitely not going to work all this to get back just to come back for one or two games," he said. "I'd rather just rest the rest of the year."
Should this be the end of Gortat's season, the 29-year-old will have finished with averages of 11.1 points, 8.5 rebounds and 1.6 blocks per game.
Gortat added he will not play for the Polish national basketball team like he did last offseason, pointing to the extra work as a reason for the injury.
"Basically that's what screwed me over, that's what really screwed me over," he said, saying he's sure the added wear and tear led to this. "That was just stupid."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.