Updated Feb 28, 2013 - 5:24 pm
The Shot Heard ‘Round the Wes?
The three he hit against San Antonio to tie the game up in regulation and send it into OT could become the shot heard ‘round Planet Purple. Jermaine O'Neal's awesome outlet pass gave Johnson an opportunity to shine, and he delivered.
I believe Johnson lacks confidence; I believe it's one of the reasons he smiles as much as he does. Those smiles are how he copes with the pressures of trying to become something, a nervous chuckle that releases anxiety. But knowing he lacks confidence makes me wonder what this shot will do for his career?
Seriously, everybody needs to see themselves acknowledge, confront and overcome obstacles in order to grow as a person. If you lack any of the three -- if you don't employ all three variables (acknowledging, confronting and overcoming that which opposes you) -- you will not sustain lasting growth. It's impossible.
Wes Johnson acknowledged the Suns were in trouble, Wes Johnson confronted the obstacle by getting himself into position to take a shot and Wes Johnson did what many thought was impossible, overcoming the Suns' 3-point deficit with an incredible, athletic three.
This could be the Shot Heard ‘Round the World for Wes Johnson; I hope he heard it.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.