Updated Feb 28, 2013 - 5:24 pm
The Shot Heard ‘Round the Wes?
The three he hit against San Antonio to tie the game up in regulation and send it into OT could become the shot heard ‘round Planet Purple. Jermaine O'Neal's awesome outlet pass gave Johnson an opportunity to shine, and he delivered.
I believe Johnson lacks confidence; I believe it's one of the reasons he smiles as much as he does. Those smiles are how he copes with the pressures of trying to become something, a nervous chuckle that releases anxiety. But knowing he lacks confidence makes me wonder what this shot will do for his career?
Seriously, everybody needs to see themselves acknowledge, confront and overcome obstacles in order to grow as a person. If you lack any of the three -- if you don't employ all three variables (acknowledging, confronting and overcoming that which opposes you) -- you will not sustain lasting growth. It's impossible.
Wes Johnson acknowledged the Suns were in trouble, Wes Johnson confronted the obstacle by getting himself into position to take a shot and Wes Johnson did what many thought was impossible, overcoming the Suns' 3-point deficit with an incredible, athletic three.
This could be the Shot Heard ‘Round the World for Wes Johnson; I hope he heard it.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Friday March 7Pouring money down the drain
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.