The Shot Heard ‘Round the Wes?
The three he hit against San Antonio to tie the game up in regulation and send it into OT could become the shot heard ‘round Planet Purple. Jermaine O'Neal's awesome outlet pass gave Johnson an opportunity to shine, and he delivered.
I believe Johnson lacks confidence; I believe it's one of the reasons he smiles as much as he does. Those smiles are how he copes with the pressures of trying to become something, a nervous chuckle that releases anxiety. But knowing he lacks confidence makes me wonder what this shot will do for his career?
Seriously, everybody needs to see themselves acknowledge, confront and overcome obstacles in order to grow as a person. If you lack any of the three -- if you don't employ all three variables (acknowledging, confronting and overcoming that which opposes you) -- you will not sustain lasting growth. It's impossible.
Wes Johnson acknowledged the Suns were in trouble, Wes Johnson confronted the obstacle by getting himself into position to take a shot and Wes Johnson did what many thought was impossible, overcoming the Suns' 3-point deficit with an incredible, athletic three.
This could be the Shot Heard ‘Round the World for Wes Johnson; I hope he heard it.
Ron Wolfley, Co-host of Doug & Wolf
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday May 21Dudley talks NBA Playoffs and Suns coaching search with Doug & Wolf
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM
- Melinda Dudley, Jared Dudley's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. Dudley tells Doug & Wolf what it was like raising the Suns fan favorite
- Tom Chambers, Suns legend - Friday May 10Chambers tells Doug & Wolf who he'd like to see hired as the new head coach of the Suns