Updated Feb 28, 2013 - 7:27 am
Jerry Colangelo: I'm not motivated to talk Coach K into coming back to Team USA
During Coach K's tenure, USA basketball has won the FIBA Americas Championship (2007), the FIBA World Championship (2010) and two Olympic gold medals (2008 and 2012).
So, what's next for the Duke coach? Life after Team USA.
Tuesday, Krzyzewski appeared on ESPN Radio's Mike & Mike and said his time with the national team was officially over.
"I've loved, loved, loved, and it's been an honor being with the USA basketball team," Krzyzewski told Mike & Mike. "And to coach the team and work with (chairman and president Jerry Colangelo) for seven years has been marvelous.
Wednesday, Colangelo was asked by Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf about the possibility of Coach K moving on from his duties with Team USA, and the former Suns chairman and CEO said he's not overly concerned either way.
"He has his family, he has his university and he has his basketball program," Colangelo said.
Krzyewski is currently in the midst of his 33rd season at Duke. The Blue Devils are currently the No. 3-ranked team in the country and are poised to make a deep run in the NCAA tournament come March.
Colangelo said he has no plans to discuss the future of USA basketball with Krzyewski until Duke's season comes to a close.
"By the way, within a matter of weeks that's going to be behind us," said Colangelo. "Then we'll have that conversation and it'll be a brief one.
"I'm not, nor do I feel motivated to talk him into anything. He'll share with me what he wants to do. And I am fine either way, because I do have a Plan B and a Plan C."
Many believe San Antonio's Gregg Popovich and Boston's Doc Rivers are the odds-on favorites to replace Krzyewski as USA basketball's coach.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns general manager Ryan McDonough: 'We'd like to have' Channing Frye back next season
- Phoenix Suns GM: It would be a waste of time for another team to pursue Eric Bledsoe
- If you dislike Robert Sarver, don't read this!
- Robert Sarver reflects on his 10 years at the helm of the Phoenix Suns
- Gordon, Johnson declare for NBA draft
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.