Updated Feb 28, 2013 - 7:27 am
Jerry Colangelo: I'm not motivated to talk Coach K into coming back to Team USA
During Coach K's tenure, USA basketball has won the FIBA Americas Championship (2007), the FIBA World Championship (2010) and two Olympic gold medals (2008 and 2012).
So, what's next for the Duke coach? Life after Team USA.
Tuesday, Krzyzewski appeared on ESPN Radio's Mike & Mike and said his time with the national team was officially over.
"I've loved, loved, loved, and it's been an honor being with the USA basketball team," Krzyzewski told Mike & Mike. "And to coach the team and work with (chairman and president Jerry Colangelo) for seven years has been marvelous.
Wednesday, Colangelo was asked by Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf about the possibility of Coach K moving on from his duties with Team USA, and the former Suns chairman and CEO said he's not overly concerned either way.
"He has his family, he has his university and he has his basketball program," Colangelo said.
Krzyewski is currently in the midst of his 33rd season at Duke. The Blue Devils are currently the No. 3-ranked team in the country and are poised to make a deep run in the NCAA tournament come March.
Colangelo said he has no plans to discuss the future of USA basketball with Krzyewski until Duke's season comes to a close.
"By the way, within a matter of weeks that's going to be behind us," said Colangelo. "Then we'll have that conversation and it'll be a brief one.
"I'm not, nor do I feel motivated to talk him into anything. He'll share with me what he wants to do. And I am fine either way, because I do have a Plan B and a Plan C."
Many believe San Antonio's Gregg Popovich and Boston's Doc Rivers are the odds-on favorites to replace Krzyewski as USA basketball's coach.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Jeff Hornacek: We got it back to Phoenix Suns basketball
- Suns' Jeff Hornacek finishes behind Spurs' Gregg Popovich in Coach of the Year voting
- Phoenix Suns' vocal, emotional leader P.J. Tucker wants to return
- Suns analyst: Team would benefit from veteran experience, clutch performer
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?