Updated Feb 28, 2013 - 7:27 am
Jerry Colangelo: I'm not motivated to talk Coach K into coming back to Team USA
During Coach K's tenure, USA basketball has won the FIBA Americas Championship (2007), the FIBA World Championship (2010) and two Olympic gold medals (2008 and 2012).
So, what's next for the Duke coach? Life after Team USA.
Tuesday, Krzyzewski appeared on ESPN Radio's Mike & Mike and said his time with the national team was officially over.
"I've loved, loved, loved, and it's been an honor being with the USA basketball team," Krzyzewski told Mike & Mike. "And to coach the team and work with (chairman and president Jerry Colangelo) for seven years has been marvelous.
Wednesday, Colangelo was asked by Arizona Sports 620's Doug & Wolf about the possibility of Coach K moving on from his duties with Team USA, and the former Suns chairman and CEO said he's not overly concerned either way.
"He has his family, he has his university and he has his basketball program," Colangelo said.
Krzyewski is currently in the midst of his 33rd season at Duke. The Blue Devils are currently the No. 3-ranked team in the country and are poised to make a deep run in the NCAA tournament come March.
Colangelo said he has no plans to discuss the future of USA basketball with Krzyewski until Duke's season comes to a close.
"By the way, within a matter of weeks that's going to be behind us," said Colangelo. "Then we'll have that conversation and it'll be a brief one.
"I'm not, nor do I feel motivated to talk him into anything. He'll share with me what he wants to do. And I am fine either way, because I do have a Plan B and a Plan C."
Many believe San Antonio's Gregg Popovich and Boston's Doc Rivers are the odds-on favorites to replace Krzyewski as USA basketball's coach.
Dave Dulberg, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe: 'I'm ready to go'
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset for success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?