Updated Feb 22, 2013 - 12:47 pm
Suns coach Lindsey Hunter likes dual-threat brothers
Phoenix acquired Houston Rockets forward Marcus Morris for a 2013 second-round pick Wednesday evening. Morris, it just so happens, is the twin brother of Suns forward Markieff.
The brothers haven't played together since their junior years at Kansas, where the 1-2 punch led the Jayhawks in scoring.
While Suns coach Lindsey Hunter won't say he expects the duo to do the same in Phoenix, he does believe Marcus brings something to the table.
"I really like his versatility," Hunter said on Arizona Sports 620's Suns Midseason Report. "I look at him as a 3-4 (guy) more so than a 4-3. He's a great off the ball defender."
But like Hunter said, Marcus' versatility allows him to play big down low with his 6-foot-9 frame, yet has the ability to hit jumpers from the wing.
"I just showed Markieff a clip of him two nights ago because he had a great box out against a guy, then he came down and hit a three," Hunter laughed. "I was like, 'Look at your brother box out.'"
The Suns are hoping the brothers will be able to feed off each other like they did in Kansas.
"Just watching [Markieff] and seeing his reaction when this happened, he was a different person and his brother hadn't even arrived yet," Hunter said. "Anything that helps him, or the both of them, is great for us."
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Jeff Hornacek: We got it back to Phoenix Suns basketball
- Suns' Jeff Hornacek finishes behind Spurs' Gregg Popovich in Coach of the Year voting
- Phoenix Suns' vocal, emotional leader P.J. Tucker wants to return
- Suns analyst: Team would benefit from veteran experience, clutch performer
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?