Updated Feb 22, 2013 - 12:47 pm
Suns coach Lindsey Hunter likes dual-threat brothers
Phoenix acquired Houston Rockets forward Marcus Morris for a 2013 second-round pick Wednesday evening. Morris, it just so happens, is the twin brother of Suns forward Markieff.
The brothers haven't played together since their junior years at Kansas, where the 1-2 punch led the Jayhawks in scoring.
While Suns coach Lindsey Hunter won't say he expects the duo to do the same in Phoenix, he does believe Marcus brings something to the table.
"I really like his versatility," Hunter said on Arizona Sports 620's Suns Midseason Report. "I look at him as a 3-4 (guy) more so than a 4-3. He's a great off the ball defender."
But like Hunter said, Marcus' versatility allows him to play big down low with his 6-foot-9 frame, yet has the ability to hit jumpers from the wing.
"I just showed Markieff a clip of him two nights ago because he had a great box out against a guy, then he came down and hit a three," Hunter laughed. "I was like, 'Look at your brother box out.'"
The Suns are hoping the brothers will be able to feed off each other like they did in Kansas.
"Just watching [Markieff] and seeing his reaction when this happened, he was a different person and his brother hadn't even arrived yet," Hunter said. "Anything that helps him, or the both of them, is great for us."
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.