Updated Feb 21, 2013 - 10:54 am
Suns acquire Marcus Morris for 2nd round pick
As first reported by Yahoo's Adrian Wjnarowski, the team has sent its 2013 second-round draft pick to Houston in exchange for forward Marcus Morris.
Morris, who is the twin brother of Suns forward Markieff, is averaging 8.6 points and 4.1 rebounds in 21.4 minutes per game for the Rockets. A 6-foot-9, 235 pound forward, he was selected one spot behind Markieff in the 2011 NBA Draft at 14.
"We have been intrigued for quite some time about the potential synergy from having both of the Morris twins on our team," Suns president of basketball operations Lon Babby said in a press release. "So we are excited to have the opportunity to welcome Marcus to the Suns."
He's not the only one who's excited.
"I shedded a tear or two," Morris told CSNHouston.com after finding out that he'd be reuniting with his brother in Phoenix. "I'm just happy to be back with my brother, get a chance to reunite and get going."
Morris played three seasons at Kansas, and averaged 17.2 points and 7.6 rebounds per game as a junior before declaring for the NBA Draft.
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe: 'I'm ready to go'
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset for success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?