Suns acquire Marcus Morris for 2nd round pick
As first reported by Yahoo's Adrian Wjnarowski, the team has sent its 2013 second-round draft pick to Houston in exchange for forward Marcus Morris.
Morris, who is the twin brother of Suns forward Markieff, is averaging 8.6 points and 4.1 rebounds in 21.4 minutes per game for the Rockets. A 6-foot-9, 235 pound forward, he was selected one spot behind Markieff in the 2011 NBA Draft at 14.
"We have been intrigued for quite some time about the potential synergy from having both of the Morris twins on our team," Suns president of basketball operations Lon Babby said in a press release. "So we are excited to have the opportunity to welcome Marcus to the Suns."
He's not the only one who's excited.
"I shedded a tear or two," Morris told CSNHouston.com after finding out that he'd be reuniting with his brother in Phoenix. "I'm just happy to be back with my brother, get a chance to reunite and get going."
Morris played three seasons at Kansas, and averaged 17.2 points and 7.6 rebounds per game as a junior before declaring for the NBA Draft.
- Tim Kempton, Suns' Analyst - Wednesday June 19Suns' Analyst Tim Kempton joins Doug and Wolf to talk about the NBA Finals game six and if the Spurs
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday June 18Jared Dudley joins Doug and Wolf to talk NBA Finals.
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.