Report: Knicks showing interest in Jermaine O'Neal, Raptors in on Sebastian Telfair
But all is not quiet on the trade front.
According to Broussard, the Suns might actually be sellers before Thursday's NBA trade deadline.
Sources: Knicks showing strong interest in Phx's Jermaine O'Neal...Phx also talking w/Toronto about moving Sebastian Telfair— Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) February 20, 2013
O'Neal signed a one-year deal with Phoenix in August and has been a pleasant surprise in 2012-13. In 38 games, the 17-year veteran has averaged 7.0 points, 4.7 rebounds and 1.2 blocks per game off the bench.
The addition of O'Neal makes sense for a veteran-laden team like the Knicks, as does the idea of Telfair moving up north.
Earlier this month, the Raptors sent point guard Jose Calderon to the Detroit Pistons in a three-team deal that netted them Rudy Gay.
Telfair, now in his second season with the Suns, has seen his minutes drastically decrease since interim head coach Lindsey Hunter took over back in January. The eight-year pro has played in just six of the team's last 13 games.
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM
- Melinda Dudley, Jared Dudley's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. Dudley tells Doug & Wolf what it was like raising the Suns fan favorite
- Tom Chambers, Suns legend - Friday May 10Chambers tells Doug & Wolf who he'd like to see hired as the new head coach of the Suns
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Thursday May 9McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about what he's looking for in a new head coach