Updated Feb 19, 2013 - 2:45 pm
Report: Josh Smith to Suns for Gortat 'unlikely'
Now what the Suns would have to part with to land the 27-year-old remains to be seen, but ESPN NBA insider Chris Broussard says one idea is unlikely.
U never say never but source close to situation says Josh Smith to Phx 4 Gortat-headlined package is unlikely— Chris Broussard (@Chris_Broussard) February 19, 2013
Gortat has been rumored to be on the block and he does hold some value, so it's understandable that any deal for Smith may include the 29-year-old center. However, if the Hawks are looking for more -- including some of Phoenix's coveted and tightly-protected draft picks -- they may have to go looking for a deal elsewhere.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- After grueling stretch, Phoenix Suns hope to make up ground in March
- Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker suspended by the NBA
- What do you want to be, Eric Bledsoe?
- Coach Jeff Hornacek: Suns 'need to get out of their comfort zone' after recent losses
- Griffin, Clippers top Suns in testy divisional affair: By the Numbers
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Tuesday March 11Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the return of Eric Bledsoe.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t