Updated Feb 19, 2013 - 9:32 am
Report: Phoenix Suns could be involved in Josh Smith sweepstakes
The Phoenix Suns may have a big deal up their sleeve, after all.
Yahoo Sports NBA columnist Adrian Wojnarowski tweeted the Suns could make a push for Atlanta Hawks' forward Josh Smith.
One more: In Josh Smith derby, several teams believe Suns are determined for deal after missing on Eric Gordon and Rudy Gay in past months.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) February 19, 2013
Smith can become an unrestricted free agent this offseason and desires a max contract, making him an attractive trade candidate for the Hawks at the deadline.
The 27-year-old averaged 18.8 points and 9.6 rebounds last season, both of which were career-highs.
Smith is currently the Hawks' leading scorer, averaging 17.4 points and 8.6 rebounds this season.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- After grueling stretch, Phoenix Suns hope to make up ground in March
- Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker suspended by the NBA
- What do you want to be, Eric Bledsoe?
- Coach Jeff Hornacek: Suns 'need to get out of their comfort zone' after recent losses
- Griffin, Clippers top Suns in testy divisional affair: By the Numbers
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Tuesday March 11Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the return of Eric Bledsoe.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t