Updated Feb 19, 2013 - 9:32 am
Report: Phoenix Suns could be involved in Josh Smith sweepstakes
The Phoenix Suns may have a big deal up their sleeve, after all.
Yahoo Sports NBA columnist Adrian Wojnarowski tweeted the Suns could make a push for Atlanta Hawks' forward Josh Smith.
One more: In Josh Smith derby, several teams believe Suns are determined for deal after missing on Eric Gordon and Rudy Gay in past months.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) February 19, 2013
Smith can become an unrestricted free agent this offseason and desires a max contract, making him an attractive trade candidate for the Hawks at the deadline.
The 27-year-old averaged 18.8 points and 9.6 rebounds last season, both of which were career-highs.
Smith is currently the Hawks' leading scorer, averaging 17.4 points and 8.6 rebounds this season.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- ESPN Insider: Goran Dragic is a max-contract candidate after next season
- Eric Bledsoe: 'I can understand the Suns are using restricted free agency against me'
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.