Updated Feb 19, 2013 - 9:32 am
Report: Phoenix Suns could be involved in Josh Smith sweepstakes
The Phoenix Suns may have a big deal up their sleeve, after all.
Yahoo Sports NBA columnist Adrian Wojnarowski tweeted the Suns could make a push for Atlanta Hawks' forward Josh Smith.
One more: In Josh Smith derby, several teams believe Suns are determined for deal after missing on Eric Gordon and Rudy Gay in past months.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) February 19, 2013
Smith can become an unrestricted free agent this offseason and desires a max contract, making him an attractive trade candidate for the Hawks at the deadline.
The 27-year-old averaged 18.8 points and 9.6 rebounds last season, both of which were career-highs.
Smith is currently the Hawks' leading scorer, averaging 17.4 points and 8.6 rebounds this season.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns ‘can't relax' against shorthanded San Antonio Spurs
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic 'just having fun'
- Phoenix Suns GM McDonough says Plumlee, Frye made Marcin Gortat expendable
- Grantland writer: Phoenix Suns are 'the best story in the league'
- Phoenix Suns coach: Surprising start attributed to talent, effort and teamwork
- The DISH - December 18, 2013 - Wednesday December 18Jon Bloom gives us this day in Suns' history.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns GM - Tuesday December 17Miles Plumlee has thrived since the Marcin Gortat trade.
- Frank Isola, NY Daily News - Tuesday December 17The mess that is the NY Knicks, and what an east coast analyst thinks of the Suns.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday December 17What is the future for the Suns back court?
- The DISH - December 15, 2013 - Sunday December 15Jon Bloom gives us this day in Suns' history.