Report: Marcin Gortat's trade value may have taken a hit
With the NBA trade deadline approaching Thursday, Suns center Marcin Gortat was thought to be a hot commodity on the market.
But according to ESPN Insider, Gortat's trade value may have taken a hit.
Over the last three games, he's managed to score just 2, 6 and 4 points and two of those games came against an Oklahoma City team that potentially may have been one of his biggest suitors. He also hasn't been the defensive force or shot-blocker that he was at the start of the season.
The 29-year-old has averaged 11.3 points, 8.7 rebounds and 1.7 blocks per game this season.
Since the Suns' misfortunes this year have forced them to turn their attention to rebuilding for next season, Gortat was thought to be expendable.
But, the Suns may opt to keep Gortat if they are unable to find a deal to their liking.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Owner Robert Sarver: Phoenix Suns not trying to lowball RFA Eric Bledsoe
- An open letter to Eric Bledsoe
- Suns relationship with Bledsoe described as headed towards ruined
- The Pulse: Fans say Suns need to negotiate smaller contract with Eric Bledsoe
- Report: Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker arrested in Scottsdale in May for extreme DUI
- Robert Sarver, Phoenix Suns Owner - Friday August 1Phoenix Suns owner Robert Sarver joins the show to discuss Gambo's letter to Eric Bledsoe.
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.