Report: Marcin Gortat's trade value may have taken a hit
With the NBA trade deadline approaching Thursday, Suns center Marcin Gortat was thought to be a hot commodity on the market.
But according to ESPN Insider, Gortat's trade value may have taken a hit.
Over the last three games, he's managed to score just 2, 6 and 4 points and two of those games came against an Oklahoma City team that potentially may have been one of his biggest suitors. He also hasn't been the defensive force or shot-blocker that he was at the start of the season.
The 29-year-old has averaged 11.3 points, 8.7 rebounds and 1.7 blocks per game this season.
Since the Suns' misfortunes this year have forced them to turn their attention to rebuilding for next season, Gortat was thought to be expendable.
But, the Suns may opt to keep Gortat if they are unable to find a deal to their liking.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Jared Dudley, Suns' Forward - Tuesday June 11JD gives us his player's perspective on the NBA Finals.
- Brian Windhorst, NBA ESPN.com Writer - Friday June 7Brian Windhorst talks about Game 1 of the NBA Finals and what to expect from the rest of the series.
- Suns GM Ryan McDonough - Friday June 7The Suns GM talks about prospects Ben McLemore of Kansas and Victor Oladipo of Indiana.
- Eddie Johnson, Suns' TV Analyst - Thursday June 6EJ previews game 1 of the NBA Finals. Plus, what are his thoughts on George Karl's firing?
- Victor Oladipo, 2013 NBA draft prospect - Wednesday June 5Oladipo discussed his workout with the Suns and why teams should want him.