Report: Marcin Gortat's trade value may have taken a hit
With the NBA trade deadline approaching Thursday, Suns center Marcin Gortat was thought to be a hot commodity on the market.
But according to ESPN Insider, Gortat's trade value may have taken a hit.
Over the last three games, he's managed to score just 2, 6 and 4 points and two of those games came against an Oklahoma City team that potentially may have been one of his biggest suitors. He also hasn't been the defensive force or shot-blocker that he was at the start of the season.
The 29-year-old has averaged 11.3 points, 8.7 rebounds and 1.7 blocks per game this season.
Since the Suns' misfortunes this year have forced them to turn their attention to rebuilding for next season, Gortat was thought to be expendable.
But, the Suns may opt to keep Gortat if they are unable to find a deal to their liking.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.