Report: Phoenix Suns interested in acquiring Iman Shumpert from Knicks
According to Yahoo.com, the Phoenix Suns have serious interest in New York Knicks guard Iman Shumpert.
The Suns are willing to give New York a package that includes forward Jared Dudley and possibly a future first-round pick for Shumpert, but the Knicks have so far shown no inclination to do such a deal, sources said.
Shumpert returned to the Knicks in January after suffering a tear in his left cruciate ligament in the team's first game of last year's playoffs.
In his second season, Shumpert has averaged 5.6 points and 3.3 rebounds in 11 games.
The Suns have reportedly had scouts watching Shumpert the past week.
Dudley still has three years and $12.8 million left on his contract with the Suns. He has averaged 11.8 points and 3.6 rebounds this year.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Reserves lead Suns to season-ending win over Kings: By The Numbers
- Suns general manager Ryan McDonough: 'We'd like to have' Channing Frye back next season
- Phoenix Suns GM: It would be a waste of time for another team to pursue Eric Bledsoe
- If you dislike Robert Sarver, don't read this!
- Robert Sarver reflects on his 10 years at the helm of the Phoenix Suns
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.