Report: Phoenix Suns interested in acquiring Iman Shumpert from Knicks
According to Yahoo.com, the Phoenix Suns have serious interest in New York Knicks guard Iman Shumpert.
The Suns are willing to give New York a package that includes forward Jared Dudley and possibly a future first-round pick for Shumpert, but the Knicks have so far shown no inclination to do such a deal, sources said.
Shumpert returned to the Knicks in January after suffering a tear in his left cruciate ligament in the team's first game of last year's playoffs.
In his second season, Shumpert has averaged 5.6 points and 3.3 rebounds in 11 games.
The Suns have reportedly had scouts watching Shumpert the past week.
Dudley still has three years and $12.8 million left on his contract with the Suns. He has averaged 11.8 points and 3.6 rebounds this year.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset with success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?