Suns Strokes: Suns rally past Grizzlies to pick up road win
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 96-90 win over the Grizzlies on February 5.
Goran Dragic scored 15 of his 17 points in the fourth quarter to help the Suns rally past the Grizzlies to steal a much-needed road win.
Dragic had just two points before going 5-of-6 in the fourth. He went on to score six straight points to seal the win for Phoenix. He has led the team in scoring this season, averaging 14.2 points per game prior to the Tuesday's contest.
Marcin Gortat had a team-high 20 points and seven rebounds. He has averaged a team-best 8.9 rebounds per game.
The Suns were impressive in the game's final quarter, outscoring Memphis 31-19.
Rookie Kendall Marshall saw his playing time increase significantly due to early foul trouble by Dragic. Marshall played a team-high 33 minutes and scored 11 points with four assists. He had been averaging just 6.9 minutes per game this year.
Despite relying on some late game heroics, the Suns still struggled to control the basketball. Phoenix committed a season-high 22 turnovers.
Jared Dudley went 0 for 5 and did not score a single point over 17 minutes of play for the Suns.
• Jermaine O'Neal was back in the lineup for the Suns after missing the last seven games for medical reasons.
• Phoenix shot 51 percent from the field and held Memphis to 44 percent shooting.
• The Suns road record now stands at 5-20 on the season.
The Suns will continue their road trip against the New Orleans Hornets on Wednesday. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 6:00 p.m. MST.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 12The Suns surprising run to start the season continues.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 12Al McCoy discuss the Suns big win against the Lakers and what is coming up next for the team.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.