Suns' Dudley says lack of chemistry has hurt team
That being said, Dudley is only in his fifth season with the team after being traded from Charlotte in December of 2008.
There are nine players on this year's team that weren't with the Suns a year ago -- along with a new interim head coach -- all factors Dudley believes have contributed to the Suns' 17-31 record.
"I think it's chemistry," Dudley told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Tuesday. "And that shows in the defense, it shows in the offense. Chemistry is playing a long time with people, it's trust, it's knowing where everybody's going to be, it's a responsibility and knowing over the course of time, we're going to get this done.
"We don't have that. The good teams have that. There are some times when a guy beats someone and we're looking around like 'hey, when didn't you help, why didn't you do that?' That's a lack of chemistry and that's our problem."
"Defensively, sometimes, I'll try to overthink the game and help people out and be susceptible myself," he said. "You try to limit that and cut that down -- you've got to have more trust. So defensively I try to do my part and if guys aren't in the right position, just helping people out and being more vocal."
Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Dan Majerle, Suns legend & GCU coach - Thursday May 23Thunder Dan calls in to argue with Doug about last night's Pacers-Heat game
- Jared Dudley, Suns forward - Tuesday May 21Dudley talks NBA Playoffs and Suns coaching search with Doug & Wolf
- Alvin Gentry, former Suns head coach - Tuesday May 14Gentry talks to Doug & Wolf about the NBA Playoffs, the Suns coaching search and his future
- Denise McDonough, Ryan McDonough's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. McDonough talks to Doug & Wolf about raising the new Suns GM
- Melinda Dudley, Jared Dudley's mom - Friday May 10Mrs. Dudley tells Doug & Wolf what it was like raising the Suns fan favorite