Updated Feb 5, 2013 - 5:04 pm
Suns' Dudley says lack of chemistry has hurt team
That being said, Dudley is only in his fifth season with the team after being traded from Charlotte in December of 2008.
There are nine players on this year's team that weren't with the Suns a year ago -- along with a new interim head coach -- all factors Dudley believes have contributed to the Suns' 17-31 record.
"I think it's chemistry," Dudley told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Tuesday. "And that shows in the defense, it shows in the offense. Chemistry is playing a long time with people, it's trust, it's knowing where everybody's going to be, it's a responsibility and knowing over the course of time, we're going to get this done.
"We don't have that. The good teams have that. There are some times when a guy beats someone and we're looking around like 'hey, when didn't you help, why didn't you do that?' That's a lack of chemistry and that's our problem."
"Defensively, sometimes, I'll try to overthink the game and help people out and be susceptible myself," he said. "You try to limit that and cut that down -- you've got to have more trust. So defensively I try to do my part and if guys aren't in the right position, just helping people out and being more vocal."
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 12The Suns surprising run to start the season continues.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 12Al McCoy discuss the Suns big win against the Lakers and what is coming up next for the team.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.