Updated Feb 5, 2013 - 5:04 pm
Suns' Dudley says lack of chemistry has hurt team
That being said, Dudley is only in his fifth season with the team after being traded from Charlotte in December of 2008.
There are nine players on this year's team that weren't with the Suns a year ago -- along with a new interim head coach -- all factors Dudley believes have contributed to the Suns' 17-31 record.
"I think it's chemistry," Dudley told Doug and Wolf on Arizona Sports 620 Tuesday. "And that shows in the defense, it shows in the offense. Chemistry is playing a long time with people, it's trust, it's knowing where everybody's going to be, it's a responsibility and knowing over the course of time, we're going to get this done.
"We don't have that. The good teams have that. There are some times when a guy beats someone and we're looking around like 'hey, when didn't you help, why didn't you do that?' That's a lack of chemistry and that's our problem."
"Defensively, sometimes, I'll try to overthink the game and help people out and be susceptible myself," he said. "You try to limit that and cut that down -- you've got to have more trust. So defensively I try to do my part and if guys aren't in the right position, just helping people out and being more vocal."
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday April 17What should we make of the Sunsí season?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.