Updated Feb 3, 2013 - 12:02 am
Suns Strokes: Suns struggle in second half, lose to Warriors on the road
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 113-93 loss to the Warriors on February 2.
Michael Beasley rebounded from a poor night offensively on Friday to score a team-high 24 points (15 in the first half) for the Suns.
Luis Scola had 14 rebounds, coming within one of matching his season-best. However, he was cold from the field, netting just nine points on the night.
Phoenix led 52-48 at halftime and was up by double-digits in the third but still ended up squandering the lead. The Warriors put together a 13-0 run with 10:03 left in the third and never looked back.
The Suns seemed lethargic and stopped driving to the basket in the second half. They also suffered defensive lapses and failed to maintain the intensity they showed in the first half, allowing Golden State to post 30-plus points in the third and fourth quarters.
Marcin Gortat was ineffective for the Suns, going 2 of 7 from the field with just four points in 28 minutes of play.
The Suns are now 0-2 against the Warriors in their season series. They have dropped four of their last five games and have suffered their sixth 20-point loss this year.
• The Suns four road victories are the fewest in the Western Conference.
• Phoenix holds an abysmal 2-10 record on the second game of back-to-back contests.
• Golden State held the Suns to just 41 second half points.
The Suns will continue their road trip against Memphis on Tuesday, February 6. The game is set to tip-off at 6:00 p.m. MST.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.