Updated Feb 3, 2013 - 12:02 am
Suns Strokes: Suns struggle in second half, lose to Warriors on the road
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 113-93 loss to the Warriors on February 2.
Michael Beasley rebounded from a poor night offensively on Friday to score a team-high 24 points (15 in the first half) for the Suns.
Luis Scola had 14 rebounds, coming within one of matching his season-best. However, he was cold from the field, netting just nine points on the night.
Phoenix led 52-48 at halftime and was up by double-digits in the third but still ended up squandering the lead. The Warriors put together a 13-0 run with 10:03 left in the third and never looked back.
The Suns seemed lethargic and stopped driving to the basket in the second half. They also suffered defensive lapses and failed to maintain the intensity they showed in the first half, allowing Golden State to post 30-plus points in the third and fourth quarters.
Marcin Gortat was ineffective for the Suns, going 2 of 7 from the field with just four points in 28 minutes of play.
The Suns are now 0-2 against the Warriors in their season series. They have dropped four of their last five games and have suffered their sixth 20-point loss this year.
• The Suns four road victories are the fewest in the Western Conference.
• Phoenix holds an abysmal 2-10 record on the second game of back-to-back contests.
• Golden State held the Suns to just 41 second half points.
The Suns will continue their road trip against Memphis on Tuesday, February 6. The game is set to tip-off at 6:00 p.m. MST.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns Strokes: Ginobili takes over, as San Antonio ends Phoenix's five-game win streak
- Ginobili, Spurs snap Suns' 5-game winning streak
- Phoenix Suns ‘can't relax' against shorthanded San Antonio Spurs
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic 'just having fun'
- Phoenix Suns GM McDonough says Plumlee, Frye made Marcin Gortat expendable
- The DISH - December 18, 2013 - Wednesday December 18Jon Bloom gives us this day in Suns' history.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns GM - Tuesday December 17Miles Plumlee has thrived since the Marcin Gortat trade.
- Frank Isola, NY Daily News - Tuesday December 17The mess that is the NY Knicks, and what an east coast analyst thinks of the Suns.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday December 17What is the future for the Suns back court?
- The DISH - December 15, 2013 - Sunday December 15Jon Bloom gives us this day in Suns' history.