Suns Strokes: Suns outscored by 11 in fourth quarter, lose third straight to Dallas
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 109-99 loss to the Mavericks on February 1.
Shannon Brown scored a game-high tying 20 points, his team-high tying eighth 20-point effort of the season.
Meanwhile, Goran Dragic flirted with a triple-double: 19 points, eight rebounds and nine assists. He tallied eight or more assists for the season-high sixth consecutive game, extending the longest active streak of its kind in the NBA.
Before the game, interim head coach Lindsey Hunter said of Michael Beasley's season-high 27-point, five-steal performance against the Lakers Wednesday, "Hopefully, there's more to come."
It never did, at least not on this night. Beasley misssed 11-of-13 shots and committed three turnovers in 28 minutes.
He Said It:
"I think our intensity was not the same as last game," Dragic said. "We were not engaged on defense, and you know, if you get some stops then you're not pressured on offense. We struggled offensively and they scored a few easy baskets so we don't defend."
• The Suns in the fourth quarter allowed 35 points, one shy of an opponent season-high as Dallas shot 12-of-24 (.500)
• Phoenix has forced 99 turnovers in six games under Hunter.
The Suns (16-31) play the first of four straight road games with a visit to the Golden State Warriors (29-17) on Saturday, February 2.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.