Suns Strokes: Suns outscored by 11 in fourth quarter, lose third straight to Dallas
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 109-99 loss to the Mavericks on February 1.
Shannon Brown scored a game-high tying 20 points, his team-high tying eighth 20-point effort of the season.
Meanwhile, Goran Dragic flirted with a triple-double: 19 points, eight rebounds and nine assists. He tallied eight or more assists for the season-high sixth consecutive game, extending the longest active streak of its kind in the NBA.
Before the game, interim head coach Lindsey Hunter said of Michael Beasley's season-high 27-point, five-steal performance against the Lakers Wednesday, "Hopefully, there's more to come."
It never did, at least not on this night. Beasley misssed 11-of-13 shots and committed three turnovers in 28 minutes.
He Said It:
"I think our intensity was not the same as last game," Dragic said. "We were not engaged on defense, and you know, if you get some stops then you're not pressured on offense. We struggled offensively and they scored a few easy baskets so we don't defend."
• The Suns in the fourth quarter allowed 35 points, one shy of an opponent season-high as Dallas shot 12-of-24 (.500)
• Phoenix has forced 99 turnovers in six games under Hunter.
The Suns (16-31) play the first of four straight road games with a visit to the Golden State Warriors (29-17) on Saturday, February 2.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Suns' Hornacek on Len, Goodwin: 'We couldn't just throw them out there and hope for the best'
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.