Updated Jan 26, 2013 - 9:43 pm
Suns Strokes: Suns suffer first loss under Lindsey Hunter
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 108-99 loss to the win over the Spurs on January 26.
The Suns continued their newfound uptempo, high intensity style of play under interim head coach Lindsey Hunter.
Michael Beasley delivered another impressive performance, scoring a season-high 25 points, including 10 in the second quarter.
Jared Dudley also performed well for the Suns, dropping 23 points with five assists and five rebounds on the night.
The Suns had no answer defensively for Tony Parker, who scored 31 points with 11 of those coming in the game's final quarter. Parker added five assists and forced six turnovers in the fourth. He finished 13 for 17 from the field. The Spurs' point guard was also instrumental in San Antonio's late 7-0 run in the fourth, scoring four points and adding an assist.
• The Suns dropped their first game under their new coach. Phoenix is now 2-1 with Hunter at the helm.
• Phoenix was outscored 27-14 in the fourth quarter. They went just 2-of-7 in the paint.
• Shannon Brown was ejected from the game after a hit on Manu Ginobili with a flagrant two.
The Suns will head to Dallas to face the Mavericks on Sunday. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 5:30 p.m. MST.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset with success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?