Updated Jan 26, 2013 - 9:43 pm
Suns Strokes: Suns suffer first loss under Lindsey Hunter
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 108-99 loss to the win over the Spurs on January 26.
The Suns continued their newfound uptempo, high intensity style of play under interim head coach Lindsey Hunter.
Michael Beasley delivered another impressive performance, scoring a season-high 25 points, including 10 in the second quarter.
Jared Dudley also performed well for the Suns, dropping 23 points with five assists and five rebounds on the night.
The Suns had no answer defensively for Tony Parker, who scored 31 points with 11 of those coming in the game's final quarter. Parker added five assists and forced six turnovers in the fourth. He finished 13 for 17 from the field. The Spurs' point guard was also instrumental in San Antonio's late 7-0 run in the fourth, scoring four points and adding an assist.
• The Suns dropped their first game under their new coach. Phoenix is now 2-1 with Hunter at the helm.
• Phoenix was outscored 27-14 in the fourth quarter. They went just 2-of-7 in the paint.
• Shannon Brown was ejected from the game after a hit on Manu Ginobili with a flagrant two.
The Suns will head to Dallas to face the Mavericks on Sunday. The game is scheduled to tip-off at 5:30 p.m. MST.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.