Updated Jan 25, 2013 - 5:23 pm
Suns' McCoy: Assistant deserves plenty of credit
During McCoy's interview with Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf, he said that a lot of the credit should go to an unsung hero on Phoenix's coaching staff, Igor Kokoškov.
"Igor is a very talented coach," McCoy said. "I think sometimes he might be forgotten a little bit, but he's certainly a veteran in this league."
McCoy said Kokoškov is especially fit for the job as an assistant because of his offensive strategy.
Aside from being an assistant with the Suns, Kokoškov is the head coach of the country of Georgia's national basketball team, which McCoy believes helps validate his position on the coaching staff.
"It's very apparent that coach Lindsey Hunter wants Igor to be involved particularly offensively and I thought in the two games we saw the two working as a real team on the bench," he said. "So I think Igor Kokoškov certainly will be a big help to Lindsey Hunter, no question about it."
- The DISH - December 6, 2013 - Friday December 6Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 5The Suns beat the Rockets on Wednesday night.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 5How did the Suns beat one of the best NBA offenses?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 4Ryan McDonough discusses the Suns' recent losses.
- The DISH - December 3, 2013 - Tuesday December 3Jon Bloom brings us this day in Suns' history.