Updated Jan 25, 2013 - 5:23 pm
Suns' McCoy: Assistant deserves plenty of credit
During McCoy's interview with Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf, he said that a lot of the credit should go to an unsung hero on Phoenix's coaching staff, Igor Kokoškov.
"Igor is a very talented coach," McCoy said. "I think sometimes he might be forgotten a little bit, but he's certainly a veteran in this league."
McCoy said Kokoškov is especially fit for the job as an assistant because of his offensive strategy.
Aside from being an assistant with the Suns, Kokoškov is the head coach of the country of Georgia's national basketball team, which McCoy believes helps validate his position on the coaching staff.
"It's very apparent that coach Lindsey Hunter wants Igor to be involved particularly offensively and I thought in the two games we saw the two working as a real team on the bench," he said. "So I think Igor Kokoškov certainly will be a big help to Lindsey Hunter, no question about it."
- Reserves lead Suns to season-ending win over Kings: By The Numbers
- Suns general manager Ryan McDonough: 'We'd like to have' Channing Frye back next season
- Phoenix Suns GM: It would be a waste of time for another team to pursue Eric Bledsoe
- If you dislike Robert Sarver, don't read this!
- Robert Sarver reflects on his 10 years at the helm of the Phoenix Suns
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.