Updated Jan 25, 2013 - 5:23 pm
Suns' McCoy: Assistant deserves plenty of credit
During McCoy's interview with Arizona Sports 620's Doug and Wolf, he said that a lot of the credit should go to an unsung hero on Phoenix's coaching staff, Igor Kokoškov.
"Igor is a very talented coach," McCoy said. "I think sometimes he might be forgotten a little bit, but he's certainly a veteran in this league."
McCoy said Kokoškov is especially fit for the job as an assistant because of his offensive strategy.
Aside from being an assistant with the Suns, Kokoškov is the head coach of the country of Georgia's national basketball team, which McCoy believes helps validate his position on the coaching staff.
"It's very apparent that coach Lindsey Hunter wants Igor to be involved particularly offensively and I thought in the two games we saw the two working as a real team on the bench," he said. "So I think Igor Kokoškov certainly will be a big help to Lindsey Hunter, no question about it."
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset for success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?