Updated Jan 23, 2013 - 2:57 pm
Suns' Lindsey Hunter denies undermining Alvin Gentry
More specifically, the point that Hunter would bark out instructions during games even though he wasn't on the official coaching staff.
Hunter, who makes his NBA coaching debut Wednesday night in Sacramento against the Kings, joined Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo to discuss those allegations.
"That's absolutely false," he said. "I was hired here as a player development coach, and that's what I did. I worked closely with the players and I worked strictly on skill work, so I don't know what skill work wouldn't be effective in a basketball game.
"If I'm working with a guy's shooting, and he's shooting his shot flat and looks at me and says 'what am I doing wrong' and I say 'get the shot up', that's instructional. That has nothing to do with anything but helping him as a player."
Hunter also addressed his coaching staff, which will not include former assistant Dan Majerle, who parted ways with the team earlier this week. Elston Turner's status is still up in the air.
"When I got the information that I was hired, I went to both of those guys and expressed myself to them and understood either way how they felt," he said. "I could live with them either staying or going elsewhere."
Vince Marotta, Co-host - Bickley & Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Report: Phoenix Suns reach out to Minnesota Timberwolves about an Eric Bledsoe-Kevin Love trade
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.