Updated Jan 23, 2013 - 2:57 pm
Suns' Lindsey Hunter denies undermining Alvin Gentry
More specifically, the point that Hunter would bark out instructions during games even though he wasn't on the official coaching staff.
Hunter, who makes his NBA coaching debut Wednesday night in Sacramento against the Kings, joined Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo to discuss those allegations.
"That's absolutely false," he said. "I was hired here as a player development coach, and that's what I did. I worked closely with the players and I worked strictly on skill work, so I don't know what skill work wouldn't be effective in a basketball game.
"If I'm working with a guy's shooting, and he's shooting his shot flat and looks at me and says 'what am I doing wrong' and I say 'get the shot up', that's instructional. That has nothing to do with anything but helping him as a player."
Hunter also addressed his coaching staff, which will not include former assistant Dan Majerle, who parted ways with the team earlier this week. Elston Turner's status is still up in the air.
"When I got the information that I was hired, I went to both of those guys and expressed myself to them and understood either way how they felt," he said. "I could live with them either staying or going elsewhere."
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- After grueling stretch, Phoenix Suns hope to make up ground in March
- Phoenix Suns' P.J. Tucker suspended by the NBA
- What do you want to be, Eric Bledsoe?
- Coach Jeff Hornacek: Suns 'need to get out of their comfort zone' after recent losses
- Griffin, Clippers top Suns in testy divisional affair: By the Numbers
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Tuesday March 11Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the return of Eric Bledsoe.
- Jeff Hornacek, Phoenix Suns Head Coach - Tuesday March 11Do the Suns lack toughness?
- It's Paul's Call with Paul Calvisi! - Monday March 10A fishy election in North Korea
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t