Updated Jan 23, 2013 - 12:23 pm
Robert Sarver evaluates Phoenix Suns GM Lance Blanks
Many Suns fans are questioning the plan for rebuilding the franchise that general manager Lance Blanks is executing stemming from the firing of Gentry and the hiring of player development coordinator Lindsey Hunter as interim head coach.
John Gambadoro asked Sarver when the job his GM is doing will be evaluated. Here's Sarver's response:
Everybody in the organization is evaluated on an annual basis and on a regular basis. That's something we do with everyone in the company. Lance has a very good eye for talent. One of his main jobs right now is going to be in the draft, to try and get the best talent we can. We do a draft rating before every draft -- we list the top 20 players in order that we think we would pick them in. I get a chance to go back and look at that a year or two later, see the results and check the list. He's been good with the draft. I think that's a real strength of his.
Sarver then did offer up an area where he believes Blanks needs improvement.
The biggest weakness of Lance Blanks is that he's not good at public relations, but that's not his job. Yeah, I'd like him to be a little better. I wish he'd spend a little bit more time with you guys, so you give him a fair shake, but his job is to put together a basketball team. That's his job and I think he knows how to do that and I think he'll do a good job with it.
Vince Marotta, Co-host Dan Bickley Show with Vince Marotta, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Suns Strokes: Bench leads Phoenix to spirited comeback win in Denver
- Suns rally for 103-99 win over Nuggets
- Former Phoenix Suns player Richard Dumas arrested
- Suns coach Jeff Hornacek: 'These guys expect to win games'
- Suns President of Basketball Operations Lon Babby: 'We already feel validated in terms of our performance'
- The DISH - December 20, 2013 - Friday December 20Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Friday December 20Lon Babby talks about the early season success and Jeff Hornacek.
- Miles Plumlee, Suns center - Thursday December 19The Suns are surprising everyone in a good way.
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Operations - Thursday December 19Reaction to Wednesday's loss to the Spurs and discusses the direction of the franchise.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 19Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Phoenix Suns