Updated Jan 23, 2013 - 12:15 pm
Suns owner Sarver disagrees with idea that Suns fans are upset
Their attendance is down for the third consecutive year, and with what's happened around the team lately, there would seem to be a bit of a negative attitude towards the Valley's original professional sports team.
Not so, says Suns owner Robert Sarver.
"I would disagree with that," Sarver told Arizona Sports 620's Burns and Gambo when asked about an upset fan base. "I would say that we monitor all of the information that comes in from our ticket holders and our fans, and I would disagree with that."
Sarver said the idea that Suns fans are upset is "a good story" for the media, and is just one of many non-factual stories that have surfaced with regards to the team.
But, he added, he understands tough decisions during tough times will rub fans the wrong way.
"This is a tough time for a franchise," he said. "When we're not winning and we're not playing well fans are upset, and that all comes with it.
"What I would say to the fans is we're working every day to try to get our team back to elite status."
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Though surprised by Suns' success, Sarver didn't see tanking as a good option
- Phoenix Suns owner: The only question is how much we'll be paying Eric Bledsoe
- Tweaks -- not major changes -- ahead for the Phoenix Suns
- GM: Eric Bledsoe will be a Phoenix Suns player 'for a long time'
- Pau Gasol to the Phoenix Suns makes a lot of sense
- Robert Sarver, Suns owner - Friday April 18Robert Sarver talks about possible offseason plans.
- Bickley Blast - Friday April 18Does Eric Bledsoe want to spend the prime of his career with the Suns?
- Jon Barry, ESPN NBA insider - Friday April 18Who is the team to beat in the East?
- Channing Frye, Suns forward - Thursday April 17Channing discusses the Suns' completed season, and what he is looking forward to in the offseason.
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday April 17Lon Babby reacts to the Suns' season and talks with the guys about the optimism surrounding the org