Updated Jan 22, 2013 - 1:26 pm
Report: Suns GM, Jermaine O'Neal had shouting match
And at US Airways Center, too.
Tuesday it was reported that veteran center Jermaine O'Neal missed practice and would not travel with the team to Sacramento due to an "unstated medical issue".
"I'm not sure, I heard he went to the doctor for some reason," Suns interim head coach Lindsey Hunter said when asked what was wrong. "I didn't get the details."
Well we're getting them now.
Suns GM Lance Blanks and center Jermaine O'Neal engaged in a loud, expletive-laced confrontation on Monday, league sources tell Y! Sports.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) January 22, 2013
O'Neal joined the Suns prior to this season and has averaged 6.4 points and 4.1 rebounds per game. At 34, he is one of the team's elder statesmen, and it's likely he is not pleased with the direction the team has taken of late.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Morris twins 'better together' for Phoenix Suns
- Suns GM McDonough not surprised by Phoenix's strong start
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe makes ESPN's list of top NBA players under 25
- Kobe still winless after Suns beat Lakers 114-108
- Suns Strokes: Offensive outburst hands Phoenix first road win vs. Lakers since 2010
- Lon Babby, Suns president of basketball operations - Thursday December 12The Suns surprising run to start the season continues.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame Voice of the Suns - Thursday December 12Al McCoy discuss the Suns big win against the Lakers and what is coming up next for the team.
- Ryan McDonough, Suns General Manager - Wednesday December 11Ryan McDonough talks about the Suns' recent success after beating the Los Angeles Lakers.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns Head Coach - Tuesday December 10How will they prepare for Kobe Bryant?
- The DISH - December 10, 2013 - Tuesday December 10Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.