Updated Jan 22, 2013 - 1:26 pm
Report: Suns GM, Jermaine O'Neal had shouting match
And at US Airways Center, too.
Tuesday it was reported that veteran center Jermaine O'Neal missed practice and would not travel with the team to Sacramento due to an "unstated medical issue".
"I'm not sure, I heard he went to the doctor for some reason," Suns interim head coach Lindsey Hunter said when asked what was wrong. "I didn't get the details."
Well we're getting them now.
Suns GM Lance Blanks and center Jermaine O'Neal engaged in a loud, expletive-laced confrontation on Monday, league sources tell Y! Sports.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) January 22, 2013
O'Neal joined the Suns prior to this season and has averaged 6.4 points and 4.1 rebounds per game. At 34, he is one of the team's elder statesmen, and it's likely he is not pleased with the direction the team has taken of late.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Phoenix Suns' Eric Bledsoe: 'I'm ready to go'
- Suns' Dragic credits new team mindset for success
- Former D-League coach praises work ethic of Suns' Gerald Green
- Suns center Alex Len keeping close tabs on Ukraine, honors country with special message
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Goran Dragic, Suns Guard - Friday March 7Suns guard Goran Dragic joins the Burns and Gambo show
- Bill Frieder, former Arizona State basketball head coach - Friday March 7Bill Frieder discusses the state of ASU basketball, and what should the NBA do about the draft age t
- Bickley Blast - Friday March 7The Suns got a signature win, and seem determined to make the playoffs.
- Eric Musselman, ASU basketball associate head coac - Friday March 7Eric Musselman talks about his relationship with Gerald Green, his thoughts on Jahii Carson's seaso
- Tim Kempton, Suns Color Analyst - Friday March 7Will LeBron return to Cleveland?