Updated Jan 22, 2013 - 1:26 pm
Report: Suns GM, Jermaine O'Neal had shouting match
And at US Airways Center, too.
Tuesday it was reported that veteran center Jermaine O'Neal missed practice and would not travel with the team to Sacramento due to an "unstated medical issue".
"I'm not sure, I heard he went to the doctor for some reason," Suns interim head coach Lindsey Hunter said when asked what was wrong. "I didn't get the details."
Well we're getting them now.
Suns GM Lance Blanks and center Jermaine O'Neal engaged in a loud, expletive-laced confrontation on Monday, league sources tell Y! Sports.— Adrian Wojnarowski (@WojYahooNBA) January 22, 2013
O'Neal joined the Suns prior to this season and has averaged 6.4 points and 4.1 rebounds per game. At 34, he is one of the team's elder statesmen, and it's likely he is not pleased with the direction the team has taken of late.
Adam Green, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- Reserves lead Suns to season-ending win over Kings: By The Numbers
- Suns general manager Ryan McDonough: 'We'd like to have' Channing Frye back next season
- Phoenix Suns GM: It would be a waste of time for another team to pursue Eric Bledsoe
- If you dislike Robert Sarver, don't read this!
- Robert Sarver reflects on his 10 years at the helm of the Phoenix Suns
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.