Majerle, Turner's future with Phoenix Suns still up in the air
The Phoenix Suns have had two practices since the team named Lindsey Hunter as interim head coach on Sunday and assistants Dan Majerle and Elston Turner have been absent from both.
Hunter said the future of both coaches remains up in the air but expects the solution will "play itself out."
If they do rejoin the Suns, Hunter said he doesn't know when that would be. Phoenix is set to face the Kings in Sacramento on Wednesday so a resolution should be expected by Tuesday.
"I am not sure. Our front office probably has more knowledge about it than I do," Hunter said. "So what we're dealing with right now and that's being down here and trying to get better."
The Suns' new coach said he recognizes the situation is a delicate one and hurt feelings can be involved.
"I am sure being a coach and wanting to be a head coach and not getting an opportunity you know that hurts and I understand that and I am compassionate about that part of it," Hunter said. "I don't know what will come from anything of this but you wish the guys that are not with us the best and the guys that are with us, we're going to work."
Hunter bypassed a 14-year assistant in Elston and a Suns legend in Majerle when he was picked to replace Alvin Gentry.
If Majerle and Elston opt not to return, Hunter said he has no plans to bring any other coaches on board. The remaining staff members Igor Kokoskov, Noel Gillespie and player development coaches Corey Gaines and Ralph Sampson would assume more responsibility for the rest of the season.
Daria Del Colliano, Web Content Editor - ArizonaSports.com
- The Pulse: Suns fans feel offseason has been 'incomplete'
- Phoenix Suns' Miles Plumlee named to 2014 USA Men's Select Team
- Phoenix Suns dig deep for shooting with Anthony Tolliver
- New Phoenix Sun Isaiah Thomas: 'I just felt wanted'
- Phoenix Suns GM Ryan McDonough: Isaiah Thomas helps achieve goal of building depth
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.