Updated Jan 20, 2013 - 7:08 pm
GM Lance Blanks sends letter to Suns season-ticket holders
In the message, Blanks introduces Hunter as the team's leader moving forward and attempts to showcase his extensive NBA experience, both as a player and as a coach. The general manager also went out of his way to thank former coach Alvin Gentry, who mutually agreed to part ways with the team Friday.
While Phoenix sits in dead last in the Western Conference and enters the halfway point of the 2012-13 season at 13-28, the Suns general manager tried to remain as upbeat as possible in the message.
He made sure to include the following in his four-paragraph note to Suns fans:
I remain excited about this and know that our future is bright. As a result of careful planning, we've created a lot of options and flexibility to help us begin moving towards elite status. For example, we have as many as 10 draft picks over the next three seasons, including at least two first-round and one second-round picks this year. In addition, we currently have $6.5 million in cap space to sign new players. Our work is far from over, but with our commitment to excellence and perseverance the Suns are sure to rise again.
With the organization's eye already towards the offseason, Blanks added that the team will hold town meetings in the coming weeks to discuss the draft and free agency.
- The Pulse: NBA Playoffs will have your attention over summer
- Suns guard Goran Dragic: 'Consistency' was vital in winning Most Improved Player award
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic: 'I'm going to try to get better every year'
- Phoenix Suns' Goran Dragic named NBA's Most Improved Player
- Kentucky freshman Julius Randle to enter NBA draft
- Goran Dragic, Suns guard - Wednesday April 23Suns guard Goran Dragic talks about winning the Most Improved Player of the Year Award.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Wednesday April 23Tim Kempton defends his vote for Defensive Player of the Year.
- Tim Kempton, Suns analyst - Tuesday April 22Suns radio analyst Tim Kempton calls in to react to the blast.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 22Bickley blasts on postseason awards and how making it in the playoffs makes a huge difference
- Eddie Johnson, Suns analyst - Monday April 21Suns analyst Eddie Johnson talks about the NBA playoffs.