Updated Jan 20, 2013 - 7:08 pm
GM Lance Blanks sends letter to Suns season-ticket holders
In the message, Blanks introduces Hunter as the team's leader moving forward and attempts to showcase his extensive NBA experience, both as a player and as a coach. The general manager also went out of his way to thank former coach Alvin Gentry, who mutually agreed to part ways with the team Friday.
While Phoenix sits in dead last in the Western Conference and enters the halfway point of the 2012-13 season at 13-28, the Suns general manager tried to remain as upbeat as possible in the message.
He made sure to include the following in his four-paragraph note to Suns fans:
I remain excited about this and know that our future is bright. As a result of careful planning, we've created a lot of options and flexibility to help us begin moving towards elite status. For example, we have as many as 10 draft picks over the next three seasons, including at least two first-round and one second-round picks this year. In addition, we currently have $6.5 million in cap space to sign new players. Our work is far from over, but with our commitment to excellence and perseverance the Suns are sure to rise again.
With the organization's eye already towards the offseason, Blanks added that the team will hold town meetings in the coming weeks to discuss the draft and free agency.
- Suns Strokes: Green engineers second-half comeback in thrilling win over Thunder
- Green, Suns storm past Thunder in statement victory: By the Numbers
- Phoenix Suns hope Eric Bledsoe ‘ready to go' next week
- Newly signed center Shavlik Randolph has close ties to Suns GM, players
- Phoenix Suns center Miles Plumlee to miss second straight game
- Lon Babby, Suns President of Basketball Operations - Thursday March 6Lon Babby talks about the Suns recent injury woes.
- The DISH - March 6, 2014 - Thursday March 6Jon Bloom takes the Suns time machine back to 2000 and a big late season victory at home.
- Al McCoy, Hall of Fame voice of the Suns - Thursday March 6What's the best way to prepare for games on the road?
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday March 5Suns GM Ryan McDonough reacts to the team's loss to the Clippers.
- The DISH - March 4, 2013 - Tuesday March 4Jon Bloom gives us the day in Suns' history.