Updated Jan 17, 2013 - 10:41 pm
Suns Strokes: Milwaukee ends 26-year drought in Phoenix
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 98-94 loss to the Bucks on January 17.
Shannon Brown scored a team-high 20 points, his highest scoring output off the bench since November 9 vs. Cleveland. It was his fourth-straight double-digit scoring effort, his longest since a season-high seven-game stretch from November 30-December 12. Brown is averaging 16.8 points on 48.1 percent shooting (26-of-54) in his last four games.
After scoring 34 second-quarter points on 11 made field goals (11-of-23, .478), the Suns managed just 38 second-half points and 15 made field goals after halftime. Leading 80-72 with 9:53 remaining in the fourth quarter, the Suns scored just six points over the next 8:56 and were outscored by Milwaukee 22-6 in that span as the Bucks took a 94-86 lead with 57.4 second left.
He Said It:
"We got the game to the point where we should have won," head coach Alvin Gentry said. "You are up 10 and you are at home, you got to find a way to win the game. That's been the story of the whole season. We have not been able to do it."
• Suns' franchise-record tying 24-game home win streak against Milwaukee comes to an end. It's the Bucks first victory in Phoenix since February 21, 1987.
The Suns (13-28) do not play again until traveling to Sacramento for a match-up against the Kings on Wednesday, January 23.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Chris Sheridan - Tuesday July 22Chris Sheridan weighs in on if Kevin Love will join LeBron in Cleveland.
- Ryan McDonough, Phoenix Suns general manager - Monday July 21General manager Ryan McDonough talks about the Phoenix Suns' offseason plans.
- Isaiah Thomas, Phoenix Suns point guard - Monday July 21Isaiah Thomas talks about his skill set and what he brings to the franchise.
- Marc Spears, Yahoo NBA writer - Friday July 18Yahoo NBA writer Marc Spears says the Warriors are backing out from a Kevin Love trade.
- Paul Coro, AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer - Thursday July 17AZCentral Sports Suns beat writer Paul Coro talks about the continuing free agency of Eric Bledsoe.