Updated Jan 17, 2013 - 10:41 pm
Suns Strokes: Milwaukee ends 26-year drought in Phoenix
Sure, you could read the box score and know who won, but we all know that won't tell you everything that happened in a basketball game. So, we will give you Suns Strokes, providing you with the analysis, quotes and notes from the Suns' 98-94 loss to the Bucks on January 17.
Shannon Brown scored a team-high 20 points, his highest scoring output off the bench since November 9 vs. Cleveland. It was his fourth-straight double-digit scoring effort, his longest since a season-high seven-game stretch from November 30-December 12. Brown is averaging 16.8 points on 48.1 percent shooting (26-of-54) in his last four games.
After scoring 34 second-quarter points on 11 made field goals (11-of-23, .478), the Suns managed just 38 second-half points and 15 made field goals after halftime. Leading 80-72 with 9:53 remaining in the fourth quarter, the Suns scored just six points over the next 8:56 and were outscored by Milwaukee 22-6 in that span as the Bucks took a 94-86 lead with 57.4 second left.
He Said It:
"We got the game to the point where we should have won," head coach Alvin Gentry said. "You are up 10 and you are at home, you got to find a way to win the game. That's been the story of the whole season. We have not been able to do it."
• Suns' franchise-record tying 24-game home win streak against Milwaukee comes to an end. It's the Bucks first victory in Phoenix since February 21, 1987.
The Suns (13-28) do not play again until traveling to Sacramento for a match-up against the Kings on Wednesday, January 23.
Craig Grialou, Reporter
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.