Bucks snap 26-year drought in Phoenix
Monta Ellis scored 24 points and Larry Sanders added 19, while Dunleavy and Brandon Jennings had 16 apiece for the Bucks, who had not won in the Valley since Feb. 21, 1987, at the old Veterans Memorial Coliseum.
Milwaukee has won four of six since interim coach Jim Boylan replaced Scott Skiles on Jan. 8.
Shannon Brown scored 20 points off the bench and Luis Scola added 16 for the Suns, who have lost four straight at home for the first time since 2004 and have dropped 13 of 15 overall.
Markieff Morris' driving layup with 3:41 remaining gave the Suns an 86-84 lead.
Ellis tied the game on a 20-foot jumper and, after Morris bounced a dunk attempt off the rim, Sanders scored on a pick-and-roll to give the Bucks the lead for good, 88-86, with 2:35 left.
Jennings added a free throw, then stopped on a fast break 10 feet from the basket and scooped the ball in with a finger roll ahead of Dunleavy's 3-pointer for a 94-86 lead.
Milwaukee took a 12-point lead on a 3 by Dunleavy with 6:44 left in the first half. But Brown scored nine points to spark a 15-5 run as the Suns tied the game 48-all on their way to a 56-53 lead.
Phoenix continued to roll at the start of the second half, scoring the first seven points to extend their scoring run to 13-0 over a span of 4 minutes across the second and third periods, and led 63-53 on P.J. Tucker's 3-pointer with 8:27 left in the third.
Another 3 by Dunleavy tied it at 80 with 8:25 to play.
NOTES: One game after logging more than 40 minutes, Suns big man Marcin Gortat was limited by early foul trouble to seven points and five rebounds over 29 minutes. . Dunleavy added three of the Bucks' 11 blocked shots. . Jennings has scored 53 points in his past two games against Phoenix after scoring 30 points in his first four appearances against the Suns. . Thirteen of the 30 players on the two rosters had not yet been born when the Bucks won 115-107 in Phoenix 26 years ago. The longest current such streak is San Antonio's 27-game winning streak against Golden State.
- Phoenix Suns don't have a point guard in top ten of WARP projections
- Phoenix Suns 2014 preseason schedule released
- The Pulse: Most say Eric Bledsoe and agent Rich Paul are at fault for contract standoff with Phoenix Suns
- Phoenix Suns single-game tickets now on sale
- New Phoenix Suns guard Isaiah Thomas undergoes wrist surgery
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.
- Adrian Wojnarowski- YahooSports NBA writer - Tuesday August 12Adrian Wojnarowski says Eric Bledsoe has backed himself into a corner.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday August 12Now that Donald Sterling is gone, who is the worst owner in sports?
- Jerry Colangelo, Managing Director of USA Basketball - Friday August 8Jerry Colangelo talks about the Paul George injury and Kevin Durant's departure from Team USA.