Updated Jan 15, 2013 - 8:42 am
Kevin Durant's highlight dunk on Marcin Gortat
But that's not what people are talking about. They're talking about Kevin Durant's monster dunk over Suns center Marcin Gortat with 2:23 to go in the ball game.
Durant finished with 41, but none better than the throw down on "The Polish Hammer". Let's also not lose sight of what K.D. did to his friend, Michael Beasley, at the top of the key. Ouch.
Almost as good as the dunk was Gortat's response.
"Well first of all, I was looking for my car keys under the basket," he said. "The funny thing is that when (Kendrick) Perkins was standing under the basket he looked at me and I looked at him and he said, 'I know how it feels. Listen it happens."
In case you need a refresher on what Perkins was talking about...
- Reserves lead Suns to season-ending win over Kings: By The Numbers
- Suns general manager Ryan McDonough: 'We'd like to have' Channing Frye back next season
- Phoenix Suns GM: It would be a waste of time for another team to pursue Eric Bledsoe
- If you dislike Robert Sarver, don't read this!
- Robert Sarver reflects on his 10 years at the helm of the Phoenix Suns
- Ryan McDonough, Suns general manager - Wednesday April 16Suns general manager Ryan McDonough discusses the team missing the playoffs.
- The DISH - April 16, 2014 - Wednesday April 16Jon Bloom gives us The Day in Suns' History.
- Bickley Blast - Tuesday April 15Dan goes off on the Suns missing the playoffs.
- Jeff Hornacek, Suns head coach - Tuesday April 15Why were the Suns able to surpass early season expectations?
- The DISH - April 14, 2014 - Monday April 14Jon Bloom gives us the Day In Suns History.