Updated Jan 10, 2013 - 7:04 pm
Suns' Telfair excited about homecoming
Sebastian Telfair will be afforded that opportunity Friday when the Suns visit the Brooklyn Nets for the first time since the Nets' move from New Jersey.
"It's definitely special. I can't downplay it at all," he said. "I'm excited about it. It's my hometown."
Telfair is a veteran of nine NBA seasons so he has played several times in New York, where the Knicks call Madison Square Garden home.
"Of course playing in the Garden is one thing," he said, "but actually playing in the borough that I'm from which is Brooklyn, it's going to be special to me and a lot of people that watched me come up coming from Lincoln High School in Brooklyn (to) playing in the pros.
"It's going to be a pretty cool game."
What's not going to be cool is finding enough tickets to satisfy all his friends and family.
"I kept my requests down for the Garden game so I know I was going to have to get a couple of tickets for this game," Telfair said.
"I'm going to take this experience and enjoy it as much as possible."
- Suns' Dragic leads Slovenia to Group D win over Mexico at FIBA World Cup
- Suns guard Goran Dragic leads Slovenians to win in World Cup opener
- Phoenix Suns launch a social media campaign to find new fan models
- Former Phoenix Suns guard Leandro Barbosa signs with the Golden State Warriors
- Suns guard Goran Dragic limited as Slovenia routed by United States in World Cup exhibition
- Lionel Hollins, head coach Brooklyn Nets - Wednesday August 27The head coach of the Brooklyn Nets joins Doug & Wolf for the ASU Sun Devil Fork Report.
- Kirk Gibson, D-backs manager - Tuesday August 26D-backs manager Kirk Gibson discusses possible changes to a six-man rotation.
- Paul Coro - azcentral sports Suns writer - Tuesday August 26Paul Coro discusses Eric Bledsoe still being a restricted free agent.
- Chris Sheridan- sheridanhoops.com - Tuesday August 19Chris Sheridan believes there is one team that could easily make a max contract offer to Eric Bledso
- Who impressed/who depressed - Monday August 18Dan and Vince look back at who impressed and depressed them over the weekend.